Summer Programming : 2nd-5th grade
* Registration February 15, 2023 at 1pm
(This is completed 2-5th; however if there is a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we want a good fit group for your child!)
Full day Camp on the Farm!
Come hang out with friends both human, furry, and feathered for a full day of fun on the farm! Kids will enjoy everything nature has to offer, from playing in the pastures and open play spaces, to catching critters in the creek-there is something for everyone! Hiking, taking care of and handling/riding animals, doing farm chores, as well as cooling off indoors with play, crafts, games, and rest! Working and playing outdoors is hard work and we realize that so teachers are very intentional in their planning based on the needs of the group, their stamina, and cognitive/language/motor abilities. Activities/Schedules are tailored and based on the specific needs of the group. There will be horseback riding and horsemanship with staff trained specifically for children with all abilities. Family Fridays are back where you come to see what your child has been up to all week ! We love these moments as families share in their child’s experiences as well as meet other families and celebrate together!
Class Size: 10
# of Classes: 2
Total: 20 spots per week
Teachers/Helpers: 1 teacher, 2-3 helpers per class, in addition to other farm staff that are specific to animal care/riding.
For horseback riding, there will be a lead and 2 sidewalkers available, depending on the level of the child. Each child will be assessed based on their comfortability and skill for horseback riding and receive appropriate guidance by trained staff. .
Cost: $775, includes a t-shirt! 37.5 hrs of specialized, individualized intervention!
Deposit due at enrollment: $150 – nonrefundable; will be applied to total for your balance due first day of camp.
BARN FEE: $25/week enrolled; this covers a portion of food/snacks for animals for the week since they will be “working too!” so this is their payment! Each class will have their own animal care buckets with necessary items needed to take care of those particular animals!
($150 deposit plus $25 barn fee= $175 total)
- $100 off each camp signed up for if you sign up for 3 or more camps.
- Siblings get $50 off one child!
- If you are a family to which both apply, both discounts will be honored. Ex: If you are enrolling your 2 children for 4 camps.
- Discounts will only be applied to camps K-12.
- We are hoping to offer need based scholarships coming in the Spring. More info will come out about this process and who is eligible. If you are on the disabilities grant, please check to see if this would be considered an eligible service. We are an approved vendor. First in Families also offers some tuition assistance for camps. We want to make it accessible and affordable; also considering what is required to run this high quality level camp (staff, maintenance, etc).
(These discounts will be applied when you pay your remaining balance on the first day of camp. An email will be sent out prior to camp letting you know what you owe!)
Waitlist will be capped at 10 kids
Social Skill Groups
We will continue to have summer social skill groups, 1x a week for 2 hours at the farm, continuing our quality work, but now using animal assisted therapy and nature to complement what we have already established in our effective social/ emotional skill teaching/coaching model!
The session is for 9 weeks, instead of 6- so the entire summer! Some may want the consistency, some may have school and still want to participate, which is why we are offering this option for the first time!
We do realize that this is a commitment so please consider your summer when signing up! There will be no make-up classes as we only have one day per age group! You are paying for a spot!